Data Analysis Apprentice
- Located near Kings Cross/ Zone 1
Founded in 2012, Allocator is fast growing to be the established information conduit for the Investment Management industry, gathering together and managing fund data so investors can access information on their investment portfolios.
Allocator is keen to expand its Investment and Data Analytics team. You will join a team of 3 data professionals that will help you succeed in a role that will involve a variety of tasks focused on expanding and maintaining their funds platform.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Processing and analyzing Hedge fund and Investment related data.
• Maintenance of the online database, contributing to both developing new processes and updating hedge fund positioning.
• Contribution towards product development, developing new features and functionality for the online platform.
• You will develop an understanding of different investment strategies and asset classes and how to capture their risk.
• You will become an advanced MS Excel user by managing large amounts of data and helping to build bespoke client reports.
• You will learn to work in a dynamic environment by interacting with other departments in the company like the Product Development or Client Success teams.
• You will be exposed to programming languages (i.e. Ruby) and you will learn how to create your own scripts that will contribute towards the automation of the data management process.
Working hours: 9am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
70 Rosebery Ave, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 4RR
• You must be familiar with Mircosoft Excel and other Microsoft packages
• You must have impeccable written and verbal communication
• You will be able to manage your workload effectively and prioritise tasks
• It is desirable that you have an interest in finance/investment management
• It would be a plus if you have had some prior exposure to any programming language, (Ruby, Python, SQL, VBA).
- A potential full-time contract is available at the end of the apprenticeship.
Included in qualification
- Training on the 18+ month Standard Level 4 Data Analyst (DA4) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Data Analysis Apprenticeship, you can progress into any Junior Data Analyst, Data Scientist and Data engineer role. You'll have the skills to run insight analytical projects from beginning to end and work within a Data Analytics team.