Data Science Apprenticeship
As a Data Science Degree Apprentice, you will be based in either London or our IT hub in Milton Keynes (Grafton Gate, Eldergate, or Shenley Wood). However during your programme you may have placements at either of the offices so you need to have the flexibility to travel or move if required. All travel expenses to the secondary office will be covered by Santander.
A typical day
Our Data Science Degree Apprenticeship is the perfect place to realise your future. It’s a dedicated three-year apprenticeship, on which you’ll develop your technical and business skills and learn how to approach and solve business problems and develop solutions. You will be taught how to devise and implement best practice using data science techniques. You will also gain experience with data analysis using some or most of the following languages R, Python, Scala and Hadoop. What’s more, you’ll earn your degree as you work, all without the expensive university fees. By the time you’ve graduated, you’ll be a trusted technical professional, working as part of a leading data team.
Roles and responsibilities:
• You’ll make a meaningful difference to live projects right from the start as you rotate across a variety of data teams.
• The development of key business skills such as preparing and managing your own specific projects within the portfolio as well as managing key stakeholders will compliment your technical education.
• You’ll be supported by some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the business.
• The apprenticeship ultimately offers a permanent role with Santander and following graduation, you will have opportunities to further develop your career within Data Science across the business.
London or Milton Keynes, W1S 1JL
What makes a good candidate?
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs graded A-C and must include Mathematics
• A genuine interest in data science techniques
• Customer focused
• An analytical approach to work
• A natural curiosity and a love of developing new skills and relationships
• The ability to independently identify risks and opportunities, and the confidence to speak up with new ideas and perspectives
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
- WhiteHat community
9am - 5:30pm
Included in qualification
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 4 Data Analyst (DA4) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Data Analysis Apprenticeship, you can progress into any Junior Data Analyst, Data Scientist and Data engineer role. You'll have the skills to run insight analytical projects from beginning to end and work within a Data Analytics team.